2008 Toyota Prius

2008 Toyota Prius

Monday, February 4, 2008 | Tags: ,
Digg it | Stumble it | Save to Del.ico.us



The 2008 Prius will look very similar to the current Prius, but with a more futuristic - type design, if that makes any sense. The front end looks similar to the Honda FCX fuel-cell car, at least to my eyes. I think it’s a welcome change - I hate the current Prius look. I don’t love the new one, but it’s a step in the right direction.

Alright, enough about looks - what about under the hood? Glad you asked. Toyota’s not asleep at the wheel; in fact, they’ve made some very impressive changes to the Prius. For starters, there’s now a 1.8 liter 4 banger powering this little green-mobile, instead of the current 1.5 liter. Toyota performed some sort of voodoo on the Hybrid Synergy Drive, and they expect city gas mileage to hit an insane 80 MPG. Whether this is on the current EPA cycle, or the new one, I’m not sure.

Perhaps the most exciting offerings are still up in the air. Word is that Toyota is considering both a plugin recharging option ( we’ve been asking for this for a long time ) or even solar panels on the roof, to help recharge the batteries. Personally, I think solar panels would do absolute wonders for the Prius, if for reputation only. Toyota is working hard to be the ‘green’ automaker ( Tundra and Sequoia aside ) , and solar technology would be a huge boost there.

I love to see advances in hybrid technology. While I don’t yet own one, there may come a day in the next few years where I do. I wouldn’t mind getting 80 MPG - would you?

Review by HoustanCars.org



What Next?
Link To This Page:


Link To Home Page:



or subscribe in as a reader

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews